Fractionated Skin Resurfacing with the SmartXide Dot.
The SmartXide DOT is an excellent choice for patients who have been using IPL, Botox® and dermal fillers who would like to do more for their skin’s texture or for the lines and laxity these other treatments may not address- such as enlarged pores and skin that has become leathery. It is also an excellent choice as a stand alone solution for skin rejuvenation. The DOT combines the low downtime and safety profile of fractional techniques with effectiveness approaching that of a full resurfacing CO2 laser – the gold standard in skin resurfacing. The DOT works by safely breaking down old dysfunctional collagen and triggering new, robust collagen synthesis. The skin becomes more smooth, thicker, more elastic and healthier. It is the best choice for patients with distressing acne scarring, stretch marks or moderate and severe wrinkles. It effectively treats other signs of skin aging and damage on the face and elsewhere such as sun spots, fine lines, crêpiness, loss of elasticity, and enlarged pores.
- The DOT delivers amazing results for laxity around the eye and for the neck and décolleté, areas that typically have been hard to satisfactorily treat. Even after surgery, crêpiness, discoloration and lines can persist.
- The Madonna Lift, a series of DOT treatments for eye rejuvenation raises the eye brows and hooded lids, improving the texture and lines around the eyes. It is an effective alternative to surgery in patients with moderate aging, lid laxity and photodamage.
- The DOT can be used selectively in other areas such as around the mouth for stubborn smokers lines.
- The DOT is the preferred choice for rejuvenation of the back of the hands, especially when combined with dermal fillers.
- You can choose to have one deeper treatment with about a week of downtime or a series of gentler treatments which deliver similar results over a longer time frame.
- Skin types 1-4 are eligible for treatment with The Dot.
- Book a consultation with Dr. Sweeney to find out if this treatment is suited for your needs.