Cleanse, hydrate, treat and protect.
Our goal at Live Young is to help you achieve healthy, beautiful skin you are proud to show off. Clear, smooth, hydrated skin has a significantly positive impact on how we feel about ourselves. Imagine skin that does not require the use of makeup to hide imperfections, but simply to enhance your best features!
Your home skin care regime is important in terms of skin correction, protection, and maintenance as well as a means to compliment and support the treatments you receive in our clinic. Through a combination of advanced technology and expertise, we are able to effectively treat conditions such as acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, solar damage, dry skin, cellulite, and general aging, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Our product lines provide you with skin treatment that is the best science has to offer. They have been carefully selected for their active ingredients in concentrations available only through a physician’s office. This does not make them more expensive, but it does make them more effective.
We like to keep things simple. Our products are North American and European-made, they are not tested on animals, and when possible contain no added perfumes, dyes, talc, or parabens.
As specialists in correcting skin irregularities on both the face and the body, we look forward to customizing a skin care program to meet your unique needs. Live Young is proud to offer the following active ingredients through our skin care lines:
ZO® Medical and ZO® Skin Health by Zein Obagi MD,
• Petroleum-free moisturizers which are designed to meld with our skin’s natural lipids and oils.
• PH-balanced skin cleanser – we offer a gentle formula suited to all skin types; no toner is necessary.
• Physical barrier and mineral sunscreens – for complete UVA/UVB sun protection, our sunscreens come in a variety of tints and textures to suit all skin types for men, women, and children. We offer both mineral powder sunscreens and moisture-rich formulas enriched with antioxidants and other active ingredients designed to soothe and protect sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, and rosacea.
• Glycolic acid – for exfoliation and collagen boosting, to minimize pore size and fine lines.
• AHA + BHA combinations – for treatment of active acne and hyperkeratosis (dry, bumpy skin).
• Topical Vitamin C in a stable, non-oxidizing formulation with superior skin penetration – a powerful antioxidant which brightens skin, boosts collagen production, and enhances the protective effect of your sunscreen.
• Retinol/Vitamin A – Considered to be “The Gold Standard” in anti-aging skin care, retinol penetrates into the dermis allowing optimal cellular turnover, facilitating collagen production, and reducing fine lines and pore size. Retinol to date remains the most effective ingredient not only in terms of reversing solar and intrinsic aging (for example, that crepey skin on the inside of your arm), but also from a preventative standpoint in terms of its ability to protect against collagen and elastin loss, excess keratin protection, and skin cancer. It also plays a pivotal role in treating hyperpigmentation and acne.
• Peptides such as Argireline and Matrixyl – non-irritating alternatives or additions to retinol which stimulate collagen production and are safe for everyone, including women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Plant-derived stem cells – protect our stem cells to the dermal level from free radical damage, UV and oxidative stress, and inflammation and are particularly beneficial to people who are outdoorsy, exposed to UV a lot, or prone to inflammation
• Plant-derived growth factors – proteins that regulate and proliferate cellular growth, penetrate the epidermis to promote skin tissue repair and regeneration, reverse the signs and symptoms of both intrinsic and extrinsic aging.
• Serums – the most effective way to deliver active ingredients deep into the skin. Many serums are available to be included into a customized skin care regime based on individual need.
• Hydroquinone and other “bleaching” ingredients for hyperpigmentation due to melasma, inflammation, aging and sun.
At LiveYoung, mineral sunscreens containing no talc, petroleum, or other harmful ingredients are offered because they are so safe they can be applied to freshly treated skin. Our cruelty-free sunscreen formulas are developed by physicians and packed with antioxidants and other added skin nutrients. All are non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
• We offer broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection from the elite lines EltaMD™, colorescience®, and AlumierMD in SPF ranging 40-50.
• Our colorescience® sunforgettable® mineral sunscreens provide long-lasting coverage in UV and visible spectrums as a loose tinted mineral brush-on powder that can be used on the hairline and over makeup, or as a light makeup.
• Our colorscience® even-up™ 4-in-1 broad spectrum SPF 50 is ideal for people who are prone to sun spots, age spots, and hyperpigmentation. Its silky smooth, lightweight, tinted formula contains LUMIRA™ brightening complex, which is a medical-grade ingredient designed to target pigment at the cellular level.
We aim to help you go makeup-free with our tinted sunscreens, which offer added protection in the form of iron oxide and come in a variety of shades in both matte and sheer finishes. Ask us about which sun protection is best for you and those you care about.
LiveYoung offers a selection of supplements to support and maintain optimal health. We are continuously updating our product range based on the latest scientific research, purity, and demand. Listed below is a selection of products currently available:
– Ultra Preventive® X – Douglas Laboratories® signature formula, and the most comprehensive multivitamin and mineral supplement with a special organic fruit and vegetable blend. This unique formula provides an antioxidant equivalent of 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables, along with bioavailable forms of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and beneficial nutrients.
– Melatonin PR – Melatonin P.R. tablets contain 3 mg of purest pharmaceutical grade melatonin, in a prolonged-release tablet.
– Opti DHA – Enteric-coated softgels which contain a novel ratio of essential omega-3 fatty acids derived from marine lipid concentrate. Processed by molecular distillation, Opti-DHA provides 450 mg of docosahexeanoic acid(DHA) and 150 mg eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) per serving.
– Vitamin D3 5000 iu – Vitamin D3 in this dose can be difficult to find in Canada. Many of our patients require doses in this range.