Restoring hormones and using bioidentical hormones to return patients to optimal physiological levels is one of the most effective tools to slow age-related change.
Dr. Sweeney has developed wellness programs that focus on attaining and maintaining optimal physical and mental function through disease prevention and bioidentical hormone rebalancing for multiple hormone systems. Programs incorporate diet, exercise, and nutritional supplements as well as address unhealthy sleep patterns and stress levels. Pairing these fundamentals with normalized, youthful hormone levels is crucial in achieving optimal health and longevity. And you will feel and function better.
An individualized approach ensures your program works for you.
Hormonal Health Essential for Optimal Health at Every Age
The levels of our hormones start to change in midlife; our physical and mental function decline and aging is accelerated because hormones are essential for normal cellular function for all organ systems. Most hormone levels drop: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone (for men and women), DHEA, melatonin, growth hormone, and possibly thyroid. Others such as insulin and cortisol may rise. These changes in hormone production influence not only our energy and vigor but the body’s ability to repair and regulate itself. The signs and symptoms of impaired hormone levels include:
- Weight gain, especially abdominal fat
- Loss of muscle and bone mass
- A compromised immune system- recurrent colds, flus and other infections and slow recovery
- Foggy thinking, memory and cognitive decline
- Depression, anxiety, feeling easily overwhelmed and stressed
- Insulin resistance, increased blood glucose and blood pressure, unhealthy cholesterol and other metabolic parameters
- Low sex drive and poor sexual function
- Fatigue and sleep disruption, lower mental and physical energy
- Wrinkled, thinning and sagging skin, age spots and keratosis
- Bladder dysfunction and genital atrophy
Restoring hormones and using bioidentical hormones to return to optimal physiological levels is one of the most effective tools to slow age-related change and benefits people as they age in three main areas: symptom relief , improved wellbeing and quality of life (restorative sleep, improved energy or libido), and as a tool in disease prevention (heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis).